- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 36 cookies
October 28 is National Chocolate Day. Celebrate in decadent style with this divine recipe for double chocolate kisses cookies.
- 36 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1, 16-ounce can chocolate or vanilla ready to spread frosting
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Alternately beat flour mixture into butter mixture with milk until fully combined. Cover dough and chill for 1 hour.
- Form dough into 1-inch round balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Let cool 1 minute and move cookies to a wire rack. When cool, spread frosting on cookies and top each with Hershey's kiss.