- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 10
This recipe for double chocolate cherry eggs is kid-friendly and delicious. It combines two luscious chocolates, sweet maraschino cherries, and yummy toasted walnuts. For variety, try dried fruit and different types of nuts.
- 12-ounces white chocolate chips or bars, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7-ounces marshmallow crème
- 1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped maraschino cherries (drain before chopping)
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 11-ounces milk chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and butter on low, stirring every 45 seconds until smooth.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in marshmallow crème, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.