- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8
Dottie's Potato Casserole is cheesy and creamy.
- 2 pound bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1, 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 stick margarine
- In a large bowl, pour margarine over potatoes. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix salt, pepper, soup, sour cream, onion and cheese. Add the potatoes. Mix well. Pour into a greased 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with cornflakes. Dot with more margarine.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 30 minutes until brown and bubbly.