- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
Dipped Shortbread is chocolate coated buttery goodness!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1, 6 ounce package semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 cup nuts, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine flour, butter, confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly blended, shape into 2 inch logs, using a teaspoon of dough for each.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt over hot water, the chocolate morsels and shortening. Remove from heat. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate. Toss in nuts. Refrigerate for at least one hour.