- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4
Dinosaur Kale's proper name is Lacinato. It's great in salads and isn't as tough as it's common cousin, Curly Kale.
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, thick stems removed and leaves sliced thin
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- Dressing: 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine kale, red cabbage, orange segments, onion, red pepper and sunflower seeds.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, orange juice, vinegar and pepper. Pour over kale mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.