- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 1 loaf
- 1 package yeast dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup lukewarm cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix together everything except the yeast mix and flour.
- Stir in the yeast mixture, mix well.
- Mix in the flour. Allow to rise.
- Press into a loaf pan or a 1 1/2 or 2 quart casserole dish. Allow to rise again.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the pan and brush the top with butter and sprinkle with salt.