- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 34 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Topping deviled eggs with caviar gives this old-school appetizer a fresh and sophisticated makeover. Accompany with a glasses of American rosé.
Photo originally appeared on bhg.com
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Sea salt
- freshly ground red pepper
- 6 teaspoons red and/or black caviar
- Place the eggs into a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a rolling boil. Take the pan off the heat and let sit, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the eggs and transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool.
- Peel the eggs, cut in half and then gently remove the yolks and place into a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste and then spoon the mixture into the egg white halves.
- Top the deviled eggs with the caviar and serve.