- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 24 pieces
These sweet and savory wings are a great hot appetizer for a casual party; they can also be served for dinner, with a green salad, much to your kids’ delight.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken wings with wing tips removed and separated into 2 pieces
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking pan with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place the honey, mustards and vinegar in a large bowl and mix with a whisk to blend.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, thyme and red pepper.
- Place the wings in the mustard mixture and coat thoroughly, then dredge one-by-one in the breadcrumbs, coating completely.
- Place the wings on the prepared baking pan close together but not overlapping. Bake the wings for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time. Serve immediately.