- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6 servings
These dessert kabobs are not only delicious but they make a fun presentation. Great for kid’s parties or relaxed get-togethers, use your choice of fresh fruit.
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 2 medium ripe nectarines or peaches, cut into wedges
- 1/2 of a 10-3/4-ounce fresh or frozen pound cake, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 whole strawberries, stemmed
- Place the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over very low heat. Stir in the sugar and then slowly pour in the evaporated milk, stirring constantly to blend.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and continue to stir for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set pan aside.
- Thread the fruit and cake, alternating between the ingredients, onto 6, 12-inch skewers, and then place on a serving platter.
- Drizzle the dessert kabobs with the melted chocolate sauce and serve.