- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6
No heavy whipping cream in this all-purpose dessert topping. Reduced-fat cream cheese is whipped with vanilla and sweet-hot crystallized ginger for a convincingly decadent mate to top broiled fresh fruit, a small slice of chocolate cake, or be tucked in a warm whole wheat tortilla
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Â¼ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Whip ingredients in a food processor or with a hand mixer on high until smooth and fluffy.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.