- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 12 muffins
Either fresh or frozen blueberries can be added to these moist and delicious muffins that make a tasty and healthy snack.
- 1-1/4 cup soft whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 extra-large egg
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place the flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder, salt and blueberries into a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil and egg until thoroughly blended, and then transfer to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir the mixture until combined and then pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until the top of a muffin springs back when gently pressed. Le the muffins cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.