- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Craving a delicious falafel? Try this falafel recipe tonight. Serve on pita bread.
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mash the garbanzo beans. Then stir in the onion, garlic, cilantro, parsley, cumin, baking powder, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. You should get 18 to 24. If the mixture does not hold together, add a little water.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375 F. Carefully drop the balls into the oil until brown. Add to pita bread and enjoy!