- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 6-8 people
This is a traditional appetizer recipe that works well for picnics, tailgating or brunch. This Deviled Eggs recipe has the added flavor of pimentos to make it deliciously different.
- 1 dozen eggs, hard boiled and shelled
- 1/4 cup of sliced pimentos, chopped
- 1/4 cup of low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Slice each egg in half, lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks and put them in a small bowl.
- Finely mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in the pimentos, mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne and salt and mix well.
- Place egg halves in a 9x12-inch jelly roll pan that is lined with paper towels (to prevent eggs from rolling).
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg halves. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle lightly with cayenne pepper for garnish.