- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 27 min
- Total: 42 min
- Serving: 6
Apple Nut Muffins are a great way to greet the morning.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup nuts, finely chopped
- Muffins: 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Add apples; cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternatively with sour cream. Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of batter into greased jumbo muffin cups.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of each, do not spread. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-27 minutes or until muffin tests done. Cool for 5 minutes in pan before removing to wire rack.