- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This vegetarian pasta salad is filled with a variety of chunky ingredients making it a hearty combination of various flavors and textures.
Photo originally appeared on www.bhg.org
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium red or yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- Cook the pasta according to package directions making sure to add the broccoli and the carrot during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Rinse the pasta mixture with cool water, drain well and then place into a large salad bowl.
- In the meantime, combine the vinegar, oil, Italian seasoning, mustard, black pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Add the sweet pepper to the bowl with the pasta, and then add the prepared dressing. Toss the salad well to coat and then serve.