- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A sweet alternative to classic French fries, sprinkle these delicious sweet potato strips with salt, brown sugar or grated nutmeg.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar, salt, or grated nutmeg to season
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat and then add the potatoes. Boil for 10 minutes and then drain.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut into long 3/8-inch thick strips.
- Place 3 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy pot and heat to 365 degrees.
- Deep-fry the sweet potato strips in batches until their color becomes a golden brown, and then transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Sprinkle with the seasoning of your choice and serve.