- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 4 people
Try something new night should be implemented every single day when the outcome is deep fried sushi! Your family and friends will line up to try something new when the outcome is a delicious, deep fried avocado or shrimp. No matter what you decide to make, it will be oh so good to try.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup very cold, ice water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted with 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 pieces jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 pieces zucchini, cut into large strips
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or wok to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the egg in a medium-sized bowl, then whisk in the cold water, flour mixture and sugar. Do not over-mix.
- Pat the shrimp and zucchini dry.
- First dip the zucchini and avocado in the batter, then drop in small batches into the hot oil.
- Fry for about 1 to 2 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Dip the shrimp into the batter then fry shrimp last.
- Drain the shrimp, then serve all together while it is hot.