- Prep: 12 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: Makes 3 cups
Decorate your favorite deserts with this glossy cocoa-flavored icing that can be made up to 1 day in advance and stored in the refrigerator as directed below.
- 1 (1-pound) box confectioners sugar
- 4 teaspoons powdered egg whites (not reconstituted)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa plus 2 tablespoons
- Place the sugar, powdered egg white, water, vanilla and cocoa into a bowl and beat with a hand mixer at medium speed for 1 minute to combine.
- Turn the mixer to high and continue to beat the icing for 10 minutes until stiff. Use immediately or cover the surface of the icing with a sheet of damp paper towel, and then cover the bowl and refrigerate.