- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: About 30 brownies
Cockaigne is an imaginary land of luxury and decadence. These brownies are named after this mythical place due to their rich and moist flavor and texture.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a 13x9-inch baking pan lined with aluminum foil.
- In a small saucepan over low medium-low heat, melt the butter and the chocolate, stirring occasionally to blend.
- Once melted, remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and cool completely.
- In the meantime, place the eggs and salt in a large bowl and beat until light and foamy. Slowly add the sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until combined.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, and stir with a spoon until just combined.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir once more until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and place in the oven for 25 minutes. Cool before cutting into squares and serving alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.