- Prep: 12 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 13 hr 15 min
- Serving: 20
Day Ahead Eggs serves a hungry breakfast crowd.
- 3 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup dry Sherry
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- Mix eggs and milk in large mixing bowl. Cook in 1/2 cup butter in large skillet, stirring to scramble.
- Combine soup, cheese and Sherry in saucepan. Cook until heated through. Layer 1/3 of the egg mixture and 1/3 of the sauce in 3 quart casserole, repeating until all ingredients are used.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 day.
- Saute mushrooms in butter in skillet. Place over eggs. Bake covered, at 275 degrees F for 50 minutes.