- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 6 dozen cookies
These sweet cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates, pitted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Combine water and dates; stir into dough.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop dough by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.