- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4 dozen
Chocolate bars with almonds are the key ingredient in this chocolate bar cookie.
- 1 (12 ounce) package dark chocolate nuggets with almonds
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, sofftened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Chop the candies into 1/4-inch pieces and chill.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars together. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture.
- Reserving half of the candy pieces, mix in the other half and the pecans. Spread into a pan and top with the remaining candy pieces.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool before cutting into 1 1/2-inch squares.