- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 6
The next time you're craving dark chocolate, make this incredible dark chocolate mousse.
- 5 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 14 ounces chilled heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Dark chocolate shavings (optional)
- Place the bowl of your standup mixer in the refrigerator to chill. Place chocolate in a double boiler at a low simmer (or place chocolate in a large heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water). Stir chocolate until melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove mixer bowl from refrigerator and fill with cream. Using your standup mixer – fitted with the whisk attachment – beat cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to whip egg whites to soft peaks, gradually adding sugar and beating until firm peaks form.
- Using a spatula, gently and gradually fold melted chocolate into egg whites – do not overmix. Gently fold in whipped cream. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To serve, spoon mousse into dessert cups or wine glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and shaved dark chocolate.