- Prep: 2 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes about 1-1/4 cup
This relish recipe tastes especially good served over fish and seafood dishes or topped on vegetarian salads.
- 1 Japanese Daikon radish, peeled and finely shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot
- About 1 dozen cilantro leaves, torn into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegarv
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 drops sesame oil
- Squeeze the radish tightly to remove any extra liquid and then place into a small bowl.
- Add the carrot, cilantro, vinegar, sugar soy sauce and sesame oil, and stir well until thoroughly combined.
- Cover the relish and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving so flavors can develop and blend.