- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 6
- 1 cup Whole black gram (Washed and soaked in water overnight)
- 1 kg yoghurt
- 2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 salt to taste
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 oil for frying
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 20 raisins
- 1 green chili, remove seeds & slivered
- 1 mint chutney
- 1 tamarind chutney
- Strain and grind the soaked black gram to a smooth paste.
- Add 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt and raisins.
- Make round balls out of the batter and deep fry them until golden brown. Bhallas are ready.
- Dip the fried balls in hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- Squeezing out the water from the balls with palm of hands.
- Take yoghurt in a bowl, black salt and salt (to taste) in it. Blend well.
- Place the squeezed balls in plates and spread blended yoghurt on them.
- Spread mint chutney, tamarind chutney, red chili powder, cumin powder over them.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, ginger and green chili.