- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: 12 servings
A savory smoked whole chicken campout dinner.
- 3 whole chickens, cut in half
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemon-lime carbonated drink
- Sprinkle the pepper over the chicken and let set at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Add the butter to a saucepan and melt. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cook the chicken over a charcoal fire with hickory or mesquite chips. Turn and baste with the sauce often. Continue until the chicken has cooked, about 1 hour. Baste before serving to retain moisture.