- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Lean and lavish, slow cooked turkey breast spiced with curry makes for a satisfying stew. You can substitute all or part of the turkey breast with dark turkey meat of your choice for a tasty change.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds turkey breast cutlets, cut into strips
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, halved, sliced
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 apples, cored, diced
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and brown turkey, seasoning with salt and pepper while you cook. Transfer to slow cooker with a slotted spoon or spatula. In the same skillet, cook onion, stirring often, until golden. Transfer to slow cooker along with remaining ingredients. Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or on low 6 to 8 hours.