- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
A lovely soup for the fall season and beyond, Curried Zucchini Soup is perfect paired with fish and served with artesian bread.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of powdered ginger
- 2 or more tablespoons of curry powder
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 7 cups of water
- 1-1/2 pounds of zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 cup of low-fat yogurt
- Over medium heat in a large pot, cook the onion in 1/4 cup of water for about 3 minutes. Add the ginger, curry, saffron, chili powder and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the onion and seasoning mixture and stir well. Add the water. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and basil. Keep the pot covered and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup and strain it. Add the yogurt and serve.