- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
A healthy vegetarian recipe, Curried Tofu Salad Sandwich can be served on any type of bread from multigrain to pita to rye. Add your favorite veggies to this tasty sandwich.
- 1, 10-ounce package of firm or extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup of chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons of green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup of low-fat, plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons of honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric
- Your favorite sandwich bread
- Your favorite vegetable sandwich toppings like lettuce or tomato
- Drain the tofu as needed. Press it between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Put the tofu in a medium-sized bowl and break it up slightly with a fork.
- Add the celery and onions to the tofu and mix it well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, relish, mustard, curry powder and turmeric. Stir it carefully into the tofu mixture. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 30 minutes so the flavors blend together.
- Use your favorite sandwich bread and vegetable toppings to make your sandwich.