- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This light and tasty meal is made with succulent pieces of curry spiced shrimp and sweet green peas. Serve in a bowl on top of some fragrant jasmine rice.
- 8 scallions, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place all but one of the scallions in a food processor, along with the garlic, and ginger. Pulse the mixture until finely minced.
- Chop the remaining scallion into small pieces and set aside.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and sprinkle in 1-1/2 teaspoons of curry powder. Toss to coat.
- Place the oil in a large sauté pan and heat over medium-high heat. Drop in the shrimp and sauté for 4 minutes, and then remove and place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the sauté pan over low heat and add the scallion mixture and the remaining curry powder. Cook the mixture for 2 minutes and then pour in the broth and add the peas.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the shrimp back to the pan, along with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Serve the shrimp and peas immediately with the remaining chopped spring onion.