- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Makes about 20 pieces
Looking for something new to serve your guests instead of the same old appetizers your mom used to serve? These pieces of chicken are dipped in a creamy sauce and then rolled in chopped peanuts, giving them a sweet and savory appeal.
- 4 halves, skinned & boned chicken breasts
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups finely chopped salted roasted peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow baking dish, place chicken breasts side by side but do not overlap.
- Pour the half-and-half over the chicken and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, chutney, sherry, vinegar, curry powder and turmeric; process until mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- Dip the chicken cubes into the curry mayonnaise and then roll each piece in the chopped nuts. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve on platter with toothpicks.