- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Curried Meatballs with Pasta is jazzed up with the addition of broccoli.
- olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into 2 inch by 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2, 16 ounce package bow-tie pasta
- In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, in tablespoon olive oil, cook onion and celery until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in ground meat, bread crumbs, water, egg, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Shape mixture into 1 inch meatballs.
- In 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 tablespoons olive oil, cook meatballs until browned on all sides, removing meatballs to medium bowl as they brown.
- In drippings remaining in skillet over medium-high heat, cook broccoli and 1/2 teaspoon salt until broccoli is crisp-tender, stirring quickly and frequently. Remove broccoli to bowl with meatballs.
- In 2 quart sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter; stir in flour, curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and smooth. Return meatballs and broccoli to saucepan; heat through.
- Meanwhile, prepare bow-tie pasta as package directs; drain. Toss pasta with meatball mixture. Serve immediately.