- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: 4-6 Servings
This creamy corn soup made with coconut milk is given an extra kick of flavor with the addition of curry powder and hot sauce. Serve with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or crème fraiche.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 16-ounce packages frozen corn
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sauté the onions for 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the curry powder, hot sauce, salt and pepper and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add the corn, broth and the water and bring the mixture to boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat and puree until smooth using a handheld blender.
- Stir in the coconut milk and place the mixture over low heat until heated through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve warm.