- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
Soup with a touch of India.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- In saucepan cook onion and curry powder in water till onion is tender.
- Stir in milk, coconut, cloves and salt.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a sieve.
- Stir about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks.
- Return to remaining milk mixture in saucepan.
- Cook and stir about 2 minutes or till mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat, cover and chill.
- When served garnish with toasted coconut.