- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Harissa is a Middle-Eastern and African hot chili paste that adds wonderful flavor and color to dishes. Enjoy it in this Curried Chickpea main dish meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 13-14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the pan gets hot, add the olive oil, garlic and the harissa paste, and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and the chickpeas, and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Five minutes prior to serving, stir in the tomatoes and the coriander and then let the mixture stand for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then serve over rice of bread.