- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4-6
Give this Curried Chicken Salad some island flair by serving it in a hollowed out coconut shell.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins, golden
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons chutney, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 2 tablespoon chicken broth
- Combine in a mixing bowl: chicken, apple, pineapple, raisins, chutney and 1/2 the coconut. Sprinkle with salt.
- Mix curry powder and chicken broth and simmer one minute. Add to mayonaise and stir into salad.
- Sprinkle the rest of the coconut on the salad.