- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This fabulous salad combines long ribbons of fresh carrot with raisins, cashews and an apple cider vinaigrette.
- 2-3 large carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup raw cashew halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Dash of cinnamon
- salt and fresh black pepper
- Slice the carrots into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler and then place into a bowl with the raisins and the cashews.
- In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, curry powder, ginger, and cinnamon by whisking vigorously. Add some salt and pepper to taste and then pour the dressing over the salad.
- Gently toss the salad to combine and then cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour prior to serving.