- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
An ultra simple side dish, this fragrant and colorful couscous recipe can be made in minutes.
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-1/3 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Add the water, lemon juice, oil, salt and turmeric to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the couscous and currants, cover and remove from heat. Leave pan untouched for 5 minutes and then uncover and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Gently fold in the chopped scallions and sprinkle with salt.