- Prep: 6 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 6 hr 8 min
Prepare an intense and flavorful Mojo sauce, made with toasted cumin and fresh citrus, in seconds with this simple recipe.
- zest and juice of 3 lemons
- zest and juice of 3 limes, scrubbed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place the cumin in a small skillet and toast over medium heat, stirring often, for 2-1/2 minutes. Once cool, grind the cumin in a mortar and pestle and then add the garlic.
- Mash the mixture into a paste and then add the lemon and lime zest, juice and the olive oil. Mix well to combine and then transfer to an airtight container. Place the sauce in the refrigerator for 6 hours to allow the flavors to blend prior to serving