- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Serve this garlic and cumin-flavored Middle Eastern bean side dish with grilled lamb chops or roasted chicken.
- 2 cups Great Northern beans, soaked overnight
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, sprinkled with salt, mashed and minced into a paste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the soaked beans into a large pot with 6 cups of fresh water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour. Drain and place the beans into a shallow bowl.
- In the meantime, place the oil, lemon juice, parsley, cumin, and garlic into a bowl and whisk together until thoroughly blended.
- Drizzle the cumin and garlic mixture over the beans and then add a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then serve.