- Prep: 55 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
The cool and creamy taste and texture of this cucumber and Greek yogurt soup is complimented by the hot and spicy bite of pepperoncini; long, thin Italian pickled chiles.
- 1 pound cucumbers-peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 10 small pepperoncini, 4 stemmed, seeded and chopped plus 1/4 cup of liquid from the jar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt
- Place the chopped cumbers, chopped pepperoncini, reserved pickling liquid, 2 tablespoons of the dill, the yogurt and buttermilk into a blender and process the mixture until very smooth.
- Transfer the soup to a bowl and stir in the cumin, remaining dill and a few pinches of sea salt to taste. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to chill.
- Pour the soup into bowls and garnish each serving with 1 whole pepperoncini.