- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This salad made with julienned cucumber, daikon and carrot is simple, elegant and delicious.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1-1/2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1 3-inch piece of carrot, peeled
- 1 3-inch piece of daikon, peeled
- Finely julienne the cucumber, carrot and daikon and place into a salad bowl. Toss to combine.
- Using a food processor, process the soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin, sake, mustard and garlic together until mixture is smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly pour the oil down the processor flute and continue to process until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the soy mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve immediately.