- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 6 Sandwiches
Cucumber and basil tea sandwiches with radishes make a delightful luncheon for the ladies.
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- 3 bunches of basil
- Fleur de sel and cracked black pepper
- 3 seedless cucumbers
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 2 each breakfast radishes
- Pick the basil from the stems, rinse and spin dry in a salad spinner to remove any grit.
- In a blender, add the grape seed oil, turn on high and gradually add the basil to make a thick basil emulsion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto 6 slices of bread. Place the non basil side of 3 slices onto the basil spread side so that it goes bread, basil, bread, basil.
- Using a Japanese mandoline, slice the cucumber very thin.
- Layer the bread with cucumber slices on top of each other so that they closely overlap and extend over the bread.
- Slice the crusts off the bread to make a square and then cut into triangles.
- Garnish with a thin slice of radish and a sprinkle of fleur de sel.