- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4 servings
For the crunchy bread lovers out there
- 1 cup cooked crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cup white stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Sift together the baking powder, salt, baking soda and cornmeal.
- In a separate bowl, mix the bacon, egg and buttermilk. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix well. Dough will be very stiff.
- Press into a 9x13 inch well greased pan. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.