- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes about 16 (2-inch) squares
Planning a shower or light luncheon? This rich quiche is the perfect lunch dish to satisfy each guest’s picky palate. Serve with a Sauvignon Blanc or Champagne.
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups of chopped ham, or cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x9-inch pan with olive oil, butter or cooking spray.
- Whisk the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Add the cottage cheese, butter and mustard and stir until well combined. Fold in the chopped ham and cheese; stir gently.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Quiche is done when a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Cool quiche for 10 minutes before cutting into squares or slices.