- Prep: 8 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 48 min
- Serving: 8
A snappy crustless blueberry dessert for those counting calories or for those who crave a thick berry filling spooned over ice cream.
- 4 cups frozen blueberries (or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of a lemon (about 3 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place frozen berries in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes to thaw.
- Stir berries and continue to microwave for another 2 to 3 minutes until their juices release.
- If using fresh berries, reduce total microwave time to 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in sugar, lemon juice.
- Pour into a square bake until bubbly and looks set, about 40 minutes.
- Scoop blueberry filling into bowls and garnish with almonds and half and half or spoon it over vanilla ice cream.