- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
Potato chips put the crunch in Crunchy Macaroni Casserole.
- 7 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed (reserve 1/4 cup for top)
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and mustard. Add milk. Add cooked macaroni. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups cheese and potato chips. Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole. Top with remaining cheese and reserved potato chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.