- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Marinating a shallot in sherry vinegar gives it a tasty, pickled-like flavor that pairs well with the cumbers and fresh dill in this salad.
- 2 seedless cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Slice the cucumbers and place into a bowl with the fresh dill.
- Place the sliced shallot, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper into a separate bowl, stir to combine and then set aside for 20 minutes to allow the shallot to marinate.
- Slowly add the oil to the shallot mixture, whisking vigorously to combine, and then pour the mixture over the cucumbers and dill. Toss gently to combine and then serve immediately.