- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
These crunchy cookies are full of dried cranberries and macadamia nuts. Almonds would work well with this recipe, also.
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a food processor, blend macadamia nuts until smooth.
- Combine macadamia nuts, sugar and brown sugar; mix well.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into sugar mixture.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Cover and refrigerate cookie dough for 10 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in 1 tablespoon of sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.