- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4
Coated with shredded coconut and crushed corn flakes, this French toast gives breakfast a delectable crunch.
- 1 cup corn or bran flakes, crushed
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon 5-spice powder or ground cinnamon
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- Pure maple syrup
- On a large plate, combine cereal and coconut. Set aside.
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and 5-spice or cinnamon.
- Preheat griddle to medium-high or place a skillet over medium-high heat. Grease griddle or skillet.
- Dip bread, a piece or two at a time, in egg mixture, turning to coat and allowing bread to absorb egg mixture.
- Then dip in cereal mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 3 minutes or until both sides are lightly browned and bread is cooked through.
- Serve with syrup and toppings of your choice.